SIMCO's Model FMX-003 Electrostatic Fieldmeter is a compact, portable survey instrument for measuring electrostatic charge. The FMX-003 measures positive and negative polarity electrostatic charges to 20 kV (20,000 V) at a distance of one inch (25 mm). Results are simultaneously displayed numerically and in bar graph format. POWER on/off, ZERO adjustment, Ion Balance (IB) and HOLD are all push button operations.
Two LED guide ring lights on the measuring side of the unit converge at the proper distance from a test object. The conductive case and ground snap facilitate grounding for accurate measurement. The circuitry of the FMX-003 has been designed to make measurements in areas using air ionization.
- Digital and Bar graph display indicates field polarity and intensity
- Battery condition display
- Multi-function audible alarm
- Easy plate attachment for ion balance measurement
- Auto shut off after 5 minutes
- Portable and lightweight
- Auto-ranging digital display
- Includes vinyl storage case, ground lead, and battery
FMX-003 with Charge Plate
Measuring Range Low Range - 0 to ±1.5 kV High Range: 0 to ±22.0 kV
Ion Balance Measurement (Charge Plate Installed) Range: 0 to ±200 V
Power 9 V battery
Size 4 7/8 x 2 7/8" x 1"
Weight 6 oz.